- Vacancy Posted Here On: 26 June 2014
- Name of firm/company:East Hampshire District Council
- Location: East Hampshire
- Job Vacancy: Training Contract Vacancy
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Minimum Requirements: You will have successfully completed the Law Society’s Legal Practice Course (or about to do so); You will need to be an effective communicator, a good team player and have excellent time management skills
- Salary: £18,461 – £20,509 p.a.
- How to Apply: Please apply online
- Application Deadline: 18 Jul 2014
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Solicitor to join the shared Legal Services of East Hampshire District Council (EHDC) and Havant Borough Council (HBC) for a two year period. The post will commence from the end of September 2014.
You will have successfully completed the Law Society’s Legal Practice Course (or about to do so). You will need to be an effective communicator, a good team player and have excellent time management skills.
You will provide legal support to the Service’s customers in many areas of local government work, including Planning, Environmental Health, Property, Contracts and Licensing. You will also carry out legal research, draft Notices and will be expected to undertake advocacy in the Magistrates’ / County Courts.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sara Bryan, Senior Lawyer (Contentious) on 02392 446311.
No CVs please.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on 18th July 2014. Interviews will be held on 6th and 8th August 2014.
Prior consideration will be given to those who are at risk of redundancy at East Hants District Council and Havant Borough Council.