- Vacancy Posted Here On: 4 June 2014
- Name of firm/company: Elaine Parkes Solicitors
- Location: Sussex
- Job Vacancy: Paralegal Vacancy (Possible Training Contract)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum Requirements: The post is open to graduates and those who have completed their Legal Practice Course with a view to a training contract after 12 months
- Salary: From £14,500 pa depending on experience
- How to Apply: Please apply via Law Gazette Jobs
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
The post is open to graduates and those who have completed their Legal Practice Course with a view to a training contract after 12 months. Elaine Parkes is an approved trainer.
The post is a full time position 8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Duties will be to assist Elaine Parkes in all her cases. This will include dealing with and printing emails, ensuring the diary is kept up to date. Ensuring court directions have been complied with, ensuring reminders are posted. Under supervision responding to straightforward client enquiries and emails and straightforward drafting of documents. Dealing with the initial preparation of all Legal Aid and court forms. Applicants should have good audio typing skills, ability to work with word and outlook express emails. In addition answering the telephone, taking messages from clients, paginating court bundles, photo-copying, filing, post duties, and other miscellaneous office tasks where required.
The firm undertakes all areas of family law and includes divorce, financial remedies, cohabitation, injunctions, private children and care work frequently acting for children. The firm has a legal aid contract for family work. Qualified staff and trainees undertake advocacy.
Please note there is limited public transport so being able to drive is necessary.